WHO IS JESUS?
Why is it important to know? We live in an age of religious pluralism and moral relativism. The popular spiritual philosophy is that all religious belief systems, as long as they are heart-felt, are equal. Pick one and follow it sincerely, and you'll get to Heaven. That's what the world believes, but the Bible teaches otherwise.
Who is Jesus? When Jesus was on earth, He was 100% Man! According to the New Testament Gospel of John 1:14, Jesus became flesh and made His dwelling among us. According to I John 3:5, Jesus came to earth in human form so that He could die a physical death and take away our sins. Jesus made it possible for us to relate to Him and for God to relate to us through Him.
Who is Jesus? He is 100% God! According to the New Testament Gospel of John 1:1-3, Jesus existed from the beginning. From the beginning, Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God. Here, the Bible establishes the inseparable nature of Jesus and the God of the Universe. Jesus is the key to membership in God's family. When He established His deity by rising from the grave, He made it possible for us to have forgiveness from sin and a renewed relationship with God.
Who is Jesus? He is the Way to Heaven. In the New Testament Gospel of John 14:6, Jesus declares: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Why is it important to know that NO other religious leaders throughout history have ever made these claims? According to the Bible book of Ephesians 2:8-9, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." How does this contrast with other world religions which are based on "works" versus faith in Jesus and the resurrection? If we can't build a relationship with God by doing good deeds or repeating rituals, what must we do? Acts 4:12 is clear, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
Christianity: Simple Truth. Christianity rises to the top when you earnestly investigate the other theories, philosophies, movements and religions of the world. Yes, as hard as it is to hear in our pluralistic world community, Christianity is different than all the others. That may sound terribly dogmatic and narrow-minded, but the simple truth is that Christianity is the only true religion.
Christianity: Why Believe That It's the Only Way? Christianity is not based upon evidence...but it is backed by evidence. Obviously anyone could "claim" to be God. The difference with Jesus is that His life completely backed those claims. Jesus fulfilled over 300 messianic prophecies written in the Old Testament scriptures. With the discovery of the dead Sea Scrolls and the reliability of the Septuagint version of the Old Testament, both of which have been proven to exist prior to the time Jesus walked on the earth, you can be assured that these prophecies were not "conspired" after-the-fact. They were truly fulfilled by the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Examine the probability of one man fulfilling just a handful of the most specific prophecies, and you'll be amazed. "And He [Jesus] said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning Me." Luke 24:44 No legitimate scholars today will deny that Jesus lived about 2,000 years ago, was a great teacher and doer of good works, and that he was crucified on a Roman cross for the crime of blasphemy among the Jews. The only dispute is whether Jesus rose from the dead three days after his crucifixion and that He was, in fact, God incarnate. This is where everyone must test the evidence for the resurrection, examine their hearts, and make a decision about who Jesus really was. Jesus said that He alone was the way to the Father (John 14:6), that He alone revealed the Father (Matthew 11:27; Luke 10:22). Christians do not go around saying Christianity is the only way because they are arrogant, stupid or judgmental. They do so because, based on the evidence, they believe what Jesus said. Christians believe in Jesus, who claimed to be God (John 8:58; Exodus 3:14), who forgave sins (Mark 2:5; Luke 5:20; 7:48) and who rose from the dead (Luke 24:24-29; John 2:19). Jesus said that He was the only way. Jesus is unique. He was either telling the truth, He was crazy, or He was a liar. But since everyone agrees that Jesus was a "good man", how then could He be both good and crazy, or good and a liar? He must have been telling the truth. He is the only way. Buddha didn't rise from the dead, nor did Confucious. Muhammad didn't fulfill detailed prophecy. Alexander the great didn't raise the dead or heal the sick. And though there is far less reliable information written about these "religious" leaders, they are believed in and followed by millions.
Christianity: Not Religion - A Relationship. Christianity is not really a religion; it is a relationship with God. It is trusting in Jesus and what He did on the cross for you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), not on what you can do for yourself (Ephesians 2:8-9). Christianity is not about ornate buildings, flamboyant preachers, or traditional rituals. Christianity is about truly accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
How do I become a Christian? It is very important to begin by believing in Jesus as the Son of God who loves you and wants the best for your life.
Believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for you. Jesus showed He was God by coming back to life. "It is Good News that saves you...that Christ died for our sins just as the Scriptures said He would, and that He was buried, and three days afterwards, He arose from the grave." 1 Corinthians 15:2-4
- Believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for you. Jesus showed He was God by coming back to life. "It is Good News that saves you...that Christ died for our sins just as the Scriptures said He would, and that He was buried, and three days afterwards, He arose from the grave." 1 Corinthians 15:2-4
- Accept God's free forgiveness for your sins. "Now God says He will accept and acquit us - declare us 'not guilty' - if we trust Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we can all be saved in this same way, by coming to Christ, no matter who we are or what we have been like." Romans 3:22
- Switch to God's plan for your life. "Turn from your sins and act on this glorious news!" Mark 1:16 "Don't let the world squeeze you into it's own mold, but let God remake you so that your whole attitude of mind is changed." Romans 12:2
- Express your desire for Christ to be the Manager of your life. "If you confess with your lips, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
- What to Pray: Receiving Jesus is a matter of truly asking Him to come into your life, to forgive your sins, and to become your Lord and Savior. It's not merely an intellectual undertaking, but rather, an act of sincere faith and heart-felt will. If you want to receive Jesus now, and accept His gift of salvation, it's a matter of believing in Jesus Christ, repenting of your sins, and turning the rest of your life over to Him. This is not a ritual based on specific words, but rather, a prayerful guideline for your sincere step of faith.
"Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and
now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me. I believe that your son,
Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I
invite Jesus to become my personal Savior and I am not going to trust anything or anyone
else to get me to heaven. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."
What Does God Want From Me? Become a member of God's local church family. A team has a roster, a business has employees, a country has citizens,and a church has members. We all have a need to belong.
There are four qualifications for membership at FallsCreek Community Church:
- A personal commitment of faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.
- Baptism by immersion as a testimony of salvation.
- Completion of the church's membership class 101.
- A commitment to abide by the Membership Covenant, signified by signing the covenant, and a commitment to live an authentic Christian life.
If you decided to become a Christian today, welcome to God's family. Now as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment. Email email@example.com and let us know of your decision. Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
- Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Develop a group of Christian friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Find a local church where you can worship God.